Stuffed Poblano Chilis
Author: Linda's Low Carb Menu
Recipe type: Dinner
- 3 roasted poblano chiles
- 1 lb of ground turkey (or ground beef or pork if you prefer)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 Roma tomato (diced)
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- After roasting, cool, then peel the chiles. Very carefully cut around the stem end of each chile. Pull out the stem & carefully pull the seeds out with your fingers (you could also just cut a lengthwise slit in them, open them flat & scrape out seeds/membranes)
- Brown the turkey, onion, and garlic; drain off excess grease.
- Stir in the salsa, tomato, chili powder and ½ of the cheese.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Fill the chiles with the meat mixture & roll up, you have split them open.
- Place the cut side DOWN in baking dish & top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins until cheese is melted, bubbly, and AMAZING.
Serving size: ⅙ recipe Calories: 347 Fat: 24g Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 2g Protein: 24g
I love mexican food! And i LOVE this recipe that a patient recently brought me that she found on Linda’s Low Carb website. It is to die for…cheesy goodness with a spicy kick! As always from me, it is a simple recipe, simple ingredients, but BIG flavor. I have a lot of patients who say eating out at mexican is hard. While it can be tricky with all the tortillas & chips tempting us to indulge in their “carby”- selves, this is a great alternative to hit the spot. Not to mention, it can totally be frozen & re-heated throughout the week for a quick dinner. Try it & I promise you will not be disappointed. (And at only 6 NET carbs, you can enjoy guilt-free!) So, go ahead…spice up your life! Have a great weekend everybody!
And just as a side note, we LOVE it when patients bring us recipes! I might have never known about this one without Teena! So please, share the love!