Blueberry Muffins (gluten free and low carb)
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 8 tbsp. splenda (or 4 tbsp. stevia and 4 tbsp. splenda; mixing 2 types helps reduce bitter aftertaste)
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. lemon zest (or 1 tbsp. of lemon juice)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- (optional) ¼ slivered almond pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Mix dry ingredients together (flour, sea salt, baking powder, stevia/splenda, lemon zest)
- Add wet ingredients (eggs, milk, vanilla extract, butter) and mix well together.
- Add blueberries and fold in gently.
- Divide the batter into muffin cups. The batter is quite firm so you will need to use a little spoon to level the batter nicely. The muffin cups should be filled to the top as the batter doesn't rise much.
- Bake about 20-25 mins. until lightly browned on the top.
*Can be frozen and re-heated later!