With Fall starting to settle in...what is better than a little bit of chili & a little bit of pumpkin?! Marry the two & you have a stellar combination! Great for your next Football game, family dinner, or potluck! Sure to be a hit!
Author: wellness mama
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 lb of ground beef (or mix it up with bison, venison, etc.)
- 2 onions
- 1 (16 oz) can of BPA free diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (16 oz) jar of tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can of pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup homemade beef broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 avocado
- Top with cheese & sour cream
- Garnish with sliced green onions
- Brown beef in Large stock pot
- When beef is almost completely cooked, add the onions & cook until soft
- Add pureed pumpkin, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, stock & spices
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes (or until heated through & flavors are incorporated)
- Top with sour cream, cheese, avocado slices
This recipe is GREAT! And it is easy & very seasonal. Compared to a typical chili which can be loaded with beans (which are higher in carbs) this is a much lower carb option that can also add a little variety to you typical chili palate!
For a time saver- put all igredients into a crock pot before you leave for work & come home to a delicious, healthy, low carb meal!