Slow Cooker Ribs
The rubber has hit the road with going back to work full time, 3 kids at home, and trying to cook healthy for our family. Slow cooker recipes are a must!! Adjust spices and sweetener to fit your own taste!
- •4 pounds of beef or pork ribs, cut every 3-4 ribs to fit in crock pot
- •1 teaspoon of chili powder
- •1 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)
- •Salt and pepper
- •1 medium onion, finely diced
- •1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce
- •1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- •2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- •2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce (preferably grain free)
- •1/2 tsp liquid smoke (or more, to taste)
- •1/4 cup honey or molasses (optional)- can also use a dash of stevia
- Dice the onion and place at the bottom of a crock pot (at least 6 quarts!).
- Sprinkle the garlic and chili powders, salt and pepper on the ribs an put them in the crock pot also.
- Mix the tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, worcestershire, liquid smoke and sweetener if using and then pour evenly over the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- Toss in sauce before serving.