Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 20 mins. A creamy pumpkin cheesecake made with healthy real-food ingredients and minimal sweetener! Serves: 6-8. Recipe credit: http://wellnessmama.com/3351/pumpkin-cheesecake/ (I slightly modified a few things from the original version)
- •About 1 cup of almonds, pecans or hazelnuts, finely powdered in blender or food processor (I used 1 cup almond flour-approx.8 net carbs)
- •2 Tablespoons of coconut oil or butter
- •1 egg
- •cinnamon to taste
- •honey or stevia to taste (I used 1 tsp. honey, 1 tsp. Stevia, 1 tsp. Splenda)
- •12 ounces pumpkin puree (about 1.5 cups of homemade or about 1 can store bought)- Libby brand is approx. 8 net carbs for the whole can
- •2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- •2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese at room temperature- approx. 4 net carbs
- •3 eggs
- •1 tsp pumpkin pie spices (to taste) or 1 tsp cinnamon and a sprinkle each of nutmeg and cloves
- •1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- •stevia or honey to taste (I used ½ Tbsp. Stevia, ½ Tbsp. Splenda, 1 Tbsp. honey)
- •[Note: The above recipe can be doubled to fit in a 9x13 baking dish]
- Total net carbs is approx. 30 net carbs for standard size pie with ingredients listed above.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Finely powder the almonds or pecans in food processor or blender.
- Mix with cinnamon, stevia, egg and coconut oil and use hands to press into bottom of pie pan.
- Put in heating oven for 10-15 minutes until crust is slightly toasted.
- In the meantime, mix the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, spices, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, and sweetener (if using) with a mixer or immersion blender (or just throw in a blender).- I just used a handmixer since that is all I had-
- When crust has started to toast, remove from oven and pour filling into pan.
- Return to oven and cook for 35-45 minutes or until top doesn’t wiggle in center and starts to slightly crack on sides.
- Remove and let cool.
- Chill at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- **Approx. 30 net carbs. for a standard size pie dish**
Serving size: 6-8