…in the waiting room because the doctor is running late (again)!
In the DPC model of care, I get to spend more time with each patient. I don’t have to try and polish my skills at polite interruption because I have other patients waiting. Instead, each visit is long enough to cover the majority of concerns a patient my have. If not, we can easily prioritize which concerns to cover and schedule a follow up visit (again, with no per visit fee) to address the rest. That means I can stay on time virtually all of the time. Many of my DPC patients don’t even have the chance to sit down in the waiting room before being shown to their room and I’m ready to walk in as soon as they are settled. I love this model of care and I think my patients do too. I do feel sad for all the leisure reading my patients will miss out on while waiting in my lobby.
If you’re interested in learning more about Trinity’s Direct Primary Care program, then send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call my DPC coordinator, Mel Moss, at 244-1800. We’d love to talk to you more about the program and explain how it can benefit you and your family. When you’re ready to experience the Direct Primary Care program you can sign up at Trinity Direct Primary Care Sign Up.
Direct Primary Care News
There are lots of important happenings this summer for Trinity’s Direct Primary Care!
- Tennessee’s Health Care Empowerment Act goes into effect July 1st. We’re very excited to be able to offer Direct Primary Care to all Tennesseans this year. With this Act, patients covered by Medicaid or TennCare will now be able to take advantage of DPC programs. Previously, TennCare refused coverage for any services or prescriptions written by a non-contracted physician. Patients seeking care from a DPC physician would not be eligible to use any of their TennCare insurance benefits. This law allows for these patients to have TennCare approve and cover orders, prescriptions, and services for which they are already eligible in the normal fashion instead of denying care. More care equals a healthier Tennessee.
Out of the office dates: Converting to DPC has been a tremendous challenge but has yielded so many rewards. One of them is the ability to spend more time with our families free from the burden of bureaucratic paperwork. Here are the dates we’ll be out of the office this month.
- Dr. Hone is out the office June 6th through 10th. Her nurse practitioner, Sherrie Corgan, FNP, will be covering all of the Maryville DPC patients that week. Dr. McColl will also be available in the Knoxville office if needed. Dr. Hone will not be checking email while she is out. Please contact the Maryville office at 982-0835 for any patient needs.
- Dr. McColl is out of the office June 20th through 24th. Dr. McColl’s DPC patients may utilize Trinity’s Walk In Clinic that week for urgent needs with visits and services being covered under the same terms as their membership. Office visits will carry no per visit fee with labs and procedures billed at the usual DPC rate. Dr. Hone will be available in the Maryville office if needed. Please contact the main office at 539-0270 for any clinical needs. Dr. McColl will not be checking email while he is out.
- As always, DPC patients can contact Mel Moss, DPC coordinator, at 244-1800 for any administrative or billing questions.
Moving on up! Both DPC offices are hard at work renovating their new office spaces to better serve DPC patients.
- Trinity Direct Medical Care, the official name of the new Maryville office, has plans to open the new office during the week of June 13th! The new location is right down the hill from their other office and is located at 1515 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway. Patients with appointments scheduled that week will be notified at their appointment reminder of the location change. Once they are open for business, they will be publishing their new phone and fax numbers. Until otherwise notified, please continue to use the current number, 982-0835, for any patient needs.
- Trinity Medical Associates of Hardin Valley is in the home stretch of renovations. For the next couple of weeks, there will be a flurry of activity on site including exterior painting and stone work, concrete driveway pouring, and even the installation of a new fire hydrant as they look towards opening in July. For those who haven’t seen the new location please feel free to drive by. It is located at 10437 Hardin Valley Rd and is 0.5 miles east of the Pellissippi Parkway intersection. They will be keeping the main DPC number of 244-1800 as the new office number
I recently calculated out the cost of standard physical labs for a male patient of ours who had some blood sugar concerns. These labs totaled over $933 if they had been billed directly to him by the lab company. Mind you, none of that cost comes from the office visit or the interpretation of those labs. That price is solely for the having the labs performed.
By cutting out the middle man and all the unnecessary fluff the cost of having those same labs done through our Direct Primary Care program would be $74. That’s a savings of $859. The yearly cost of his membership is $720. By joining the DPC program his discount on labs is large enough to pay for the cost of the membership itself.
But of course the coolest thing of all is that all of his labs are included free with his membership. So by joining the DPC program he has saved enough money in one set of labs to pay for the membership AND he doesn’t even have to pay for the labs. It’s like a buy one get one free sale where you’re not required to buy one just get one free!
Recently I had a the opportunity to be interviewed by the Beacon Center of Tennessee for promotional video on Direct Primary Care to help support the pending Tennessee legislation on the matter.
You can watch the video at the link below.
Consider contacting your local representative to help support this bill and provide DPC the full opportunity to help our community that has been so impacted from rising health insurance premiums. When people spend a forture on health insurance they are often shocked that they still have to buy health care. DPC allows me to lower the cost of health care regardless of insurance coverage.
Direct Primary Care Promo Video